What is the Hamari Boli Initiative?Edit
"A full-scale People-to-People Communication+Collaboration and Language planning, Prescription, Description, Documentation & Preservation Enterprise aimed at 'Hindi-Urdu' Script, Style, Status & Lexical reform and modernization encompassing all four LP Domains, simultaneously creating Open source P2P collaboration platforms for Indo-Pak peace and confidence building".
|Script||Resolving Devanagari-Nastaliq Digraphia||Graphization (Romanization)|
|Style||Minimizing Low-brow / High-brow Diglossia||Simplified language accessible to widest possible audience as exemplified by Bollywood|
|Status||South Asian / Desi Lingua Franca||
|Lexical||Lexical expansion & modernization||
Besides being a bonafide Applied Linguistics enterprise, Hamari Boli is also an apolitical initiative to;
- Finally ENABLE opensource collaboration --otherwise IMPOSSIBLE-- among Devanagari, Nastaliq & Roman readers
- Create People-to-People Communication & Collaboration Platforms where Desi scholars, researchers, academics, students, professionals and everyone interested cooperate in real time on crowd-powered and open-source endeavors of equal importance to all Desis.
- Reunite the Desi Lingua Franca facilitating cross communication across borders and bring Desi people from around the world together in cooperative endeavor for the benefit of all.
- Provide an apolitical environment to scholars and researchers to observe & study popular interaction, analyze sentiments, identify best practices, report problem areas and suggest solutions.
- Create framework, platforms and pronounced impetus for open-source development in Hamari Boli (Text, Media, Software)
- Promote and popularize FREE self education, peer-to-peer learning, open-source educational content, media, software and emerging educational tech and lowcost delivery models.
- Document the full range of Hamari Boli as spoken across South Asia (Wiki based Audio-Video archive)
- Digitally preserve the rich Hindi-Urdu literature in Roman (wiki based transcription and archiving)